Saturday, August 20, 2005

...Departure

In two days I leave home for Tokyo, and won't return until mid-December. I will be spending the first few days in Tokyo before taking the Bullet Train to Kyoto, where I will study for the majority of the semester. I am staying with a Japanese family in Takatsuki, a city between Kyoto and Osaka. I may be taking a mid-semester break in a mountain village. I am spending the last three weeks on the tropical Bonin Islands, where I will be doing some kind of cultural study dealing with the people of the village there. In Kyoto, I will be studying the Japanese language intensely and taking a culture course at some point as well.

From now until I return, this blog will serve as a spot for me to put my thoughts on Japan. I don't know what more to say on the matter, other than... this should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home