Sunday, July 10, 2005

...?

For those who didn't know, I was joking when I called myself an ultra-conservative.

I recently learned that my girlfriend's parents Googled me and probably came up with my old blog. I was just looking through it...ah, what a different time. There are some links to my old Deviantart stuff if you look hard enough, too. I was thinking about what I said about having dreams of the ocean, because lately I feel like that's been turned around. I haven't been having serene dreams about the ocean - I think that the water in my dreams lately has had to do with fear, mostly of not being able to breathe, which has always been an issue for me. Dreams about drowning are no fun. There generally aren't monsters in the water or anything. Just not being able to swim is the problem.

I wanna do a series of painting of cartoon style monsters. It's not altogether clearly how this will turn out, but it may be my next project. Silly-looking bullshit doodles in oil paint. Yeah.

Listen...
nothing new, really

Watched...
War of the Worlds - This movie sucked. I'm sorry, I don't really care if it was Spielberg and Cruise or Michael Bay and Carrot Top - it just sucked. Sure, the cinematography and the special effects were good, but that means jack shit. Welcome to the year 2005. There was no real plot, minimal character development, an annoying yelling little girl, and a deus ex machina ending. Now I remember why I disliked the book. It was just boring.

Batman Begins (again, but on Imax) - Contrary to its more recent pedecessors, this Batman didn't rely CGI and ridiculously unrealistic action to draw people in. Instead, we learned about how Bruce Wayne became Batman, and how he was by no means supernatural - just super-slick. This film rocked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home