Tuesday, June 07, 2005

One cool city

I love Philadelphia. It's smaller and less pretentious than New York. It's got all the good parts of the city, without most of the shitty qualities. Parking is still a pain, but there's lots of cool stuff. I was only there for a little while so I only got to check out the South Street area, Chinatown, and the art museum (for a little while before it closed). But I can't wait to go back - it seems like a lot of fun.

Saturday night I saw Spoon with The Clientele and some other band I can't remember. The first band was no good and the Clientele were yawnworthy at best, but Spoon was amazing. They've got so many great songs and the vibe was pretty cool. The venue was a little rundown, but it got the job done. I really need to listen to Gimme Fiction some more. I don't really know what specifically to say about the show...they did a cool rendition of Paper Tiger and everyone sang along to The Way We Get By. I decided that the lead singer looks like a mousy version of Gary Busey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home